Nick Robinson, Managing Director of sports management and marketing agency ISC, is the feature interview on this week's SB Weekly.
ISC helps create partnerships for a variety of rights-holder and brand clients, but is perhaps best known for representing athletes and players across football, rugby and several Olympic and Paralympic sports.
Nick cut his teeth at boutique talent agency AMI Sports and Entertainment before joining Octagon in 2009, where he was head of football and represented the likes of Daniel Sturridge and Saido Berahino.
On the podcast, Nick discusses:
- The case for sports agents - why they're needed and play an important industry role
- Why many talent agencies are missing out by not being multi-faceted
- What it's like being an agent during a transfer window
- Why commercial deals for athletes not at the very peak of their sport are challenging to find
- The reasons behind Premier League clubs making a cumulative net profit this transfer window
- Rising costs for fans - and why sporting stakeholders need to control them better.