This week's SB Weekly podcast features Aidan Cooney, the CEO of InCrowd Sports and a man perhaps best known for building Opta into the world's leading sports data provider.
InCrowd is looking to transform the in-stadia experience by improving connectivity within venues and creating apps that help sports teams engage with fans and open up commercial revenue streams in the process.
Download the episode to hear Aidan discuss why:
- Europe's behind the United States and Australia in connecting stadia
- It's imperative sports teams invest in an official mobile app
- You shouldn't describe the approach InCrowd advocates as "disruptive"
- His career as a sports journalist was shortlived
- He came to the decision to sell Opta in 2013
- Sports performance data finally became mainstream in the UK
- The retail industry is one sport can take the lead from...
...AND MUCH MORE