The reach and depth of the Premier League's broadcast coverage and huge opportunities for rights-holders in the area of virtual reality are two topics discussed in this week's SB Weekly featuring Graham Fry, Worldwide Managing Director for Production at sports agency giant IMG.
IMG is the UK’s largest independent TV producer, and is perhaps best known in sporting circles for running the English Premier League Channel, which delivers an all-year-round, 24-hour-a-day content service to every Premier League rights-holder across the world.
Graham has a long and illustrious career in the broadcast industry, having joined BBC Sport in the early 80s before moving on to IMG in 1991 as an executive producer for live golf.
Listen to this week's episode to hear Graham discuss:
- Why IMG's work plays an important role in the Premier League's strong brand and marketability
- How sports production companies' margins are being squeezed - and what IMG is doing to combat that
- Opportunities for IMG's production arm internationally, in Asia and India specifically
- The highlights of his career to date and the most memorable sporting events he has worked on
- What broadcast technologies we should be looking out for in the future.