Tom Gorringe, Head of Marketing at Brighton and Hove Albion Football Club, is the feature interview on this week's SB Weekly.
Following stints at Portsmouth and Cardiff City, Tom has been at Brighton for over two years now, a position in which he heads the Championship club's sales strategy across ticketing, commercial, retail and non-matchday events.
However, a rising star in the sports industry, he's still yet to reach the age of 30, and over the last 12 months has been part of Sport Industry NextGen, in partnership with Barclays, the initiative created to identify and nurture the leading sports executives of the future.
In this week's episode, available on Wednesday August 17, you can hear Tom discuss:
- The secrets of success to building a career in football from an early age
- Benefits of taking part in the inaugural Sport Industry NextGen
- The major marketing strategies Brighton has rolled out recently - and why
- How investing in the matchday experience is at the very core of Brighton and its relationship with fans
- Some exciting plans to introduce virtual reality to the Amex Stadium
- Why Brighton dedicates large amounts of resource to understanding data, and case studies of best practice from last season.